I’m excited to say that Journey has been named a finalist for Bank Street College’s 2017 Cook Prize! This prize is awarded to STEM picture books for kids age eight to ten. The winner of the prize will be announced in April, but regardless, I will be at the award ceremony in New York on May 18! I can’t wait.
Come hear Journey and make a fun wolf craft on Saturday, 1/14/16, at the Sunset branch of the San Francisco Public Library! Reading begins at 1:30 pm. All ages welcome.
Hope to see you there!
This week is a busy one! Here’s where I’ll be:
- Saturday, 1/21, 11:30 am — Cornell Elementary, Albany, CA //
- Monday, 1/23, 6-9 pm — The Linden Tree (bookstore), Los Altos, CA //
- Tuesday, 1/24, 5:30-7:30 pm — The Reading Bug (bookstore), San Carlos, CA – SCBWI SF South bookstore event with debut authors panel //
- Wednesday, 1/25, 10:15 am — AP Giannini Middle School, San Francisco //
I am excited to be reading this Saturday at 11 am at my friend Monica’s store, Monkei Miles. Here’s the awesome poster she made up. (And look how cute her store is!)
- Tuesday, 10/18: Copperfield’s Books, Sebastopol, 4 pm //
Friday, 10/21: Literacy Night at Matanzas School, Santa Rosa, 6 pm //
Thursday, 10/27: Authors’ Day, Jefferson School, San Francisco //
Thursday, 10/27: NCIBA Fall Discovery Show, South San Francisco, 4 pm //
Saturday, 11/5: Wordstock: Portland’s Book Festival, Portland Art Museum, 12:30-1 pm //
Sunday, 11/13: Wolf craft and reading at Bird & Beckett Books, San Francisco, 11 am //
Wednesday, 11/16: Presentation at Peninsula Del Rey retirement home, Daly City, 7 pm //
I hope to see lots of friends, family, and anyone who’d like to come at my Journey launch party. Here are the details:
- What: Journey launch party! //
- When: Tuesday, 10/11 @ 6:30 pm //
- Where: Green Apple Books on the Park (1231 9th Ave, Inner Sunset, San Francisco) //
- Why: Hear the book, see a fun wolf slideshow, and enjoy wine and cookies (That’s right–cookies! Paw print-shaped cookies, to be precise, which my kids and are going to bake and decorate.) //
The San Francisco Zoo has a new wolf exhibit! And I’ll be doing readings of Journey right outside it, on September 24 and 25!